Cascadia Windows & Doors Introduces the Universal Series
Cascadia Windows & Doors, a Renewal3 portfolio company, has release their new, Passive House Certified, Red List Free, Universal Series window line.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cascadia Windows & Doors, a manufacturer and distributor of fiberglass windows, doors and building products based in greater Vancouver, Canada, introduces the Universal Series — the first commercial grade, all-fiberglass Passive House Certified (U.S.) window and door system.
The Cascadia Universal Series is a new system using the latest in energy efficient window and door technology. The line reflects Cascadia’s uncompromising design intents for optimum thermal performance, structural capacity, aesthetics, hardware flexibility, site tolerance, cost and ease of manufacturing. Universal Series products demonstrate Cascadia’s commitment to lead the transition to energy efficient building design in the United States and Canada.
“Today’s world desperately needs better energy conservation strategies from every sector, and buildings are the single biggest consumers of energy and cause of related carbon emissions,” says Mike Battistel, president. “The Universal Series exceeds the energy efficiency standards of most commercial window and door products in the marketplace while offering aesthetically desirable designs that enhance the human connection to the outside and natural world.”
Key features of the Universal Series windows and doors:
- Passive House certified in the U.S. and pending certification in Canada
- NAFS & NFRC certified, the standard in energy-performance ratings
- Manufactured with materials free of hazardous and toxic components, and “Red List Free” per the rigorous Living Building Challenge standard for building components
- Available with both inward-opening hardware and outward-opening hardware
- Wheelchair-friendly door sills are very low and easy to roll over and seal well enough to be watertight in the most exposed locations
- Durable commercial grade, all-fiberglass frame material eliminates the possibility of sagging and distorting over time in commercial and residential buildings
- Cost effective by dramatically increasing a building’s energy efficiency and heat retention
- Competitively priced with other class-leading products in vinyl and aluminum sectors
Cascadia Universal Series windows and doors are pending Passive House certification in Canada — a threshold that only one-in-a-thousand windows meet.
“These desirable characteristics have never coexisted in a single product,” Battistel added. “The Universal Series line offers optimum energy efficiency with the industry testing to back it up, without sacrificing the modern design aesthetic that architects and engineers are seeking.”
Cascadia products enable builders to dramatically increase the energy efficiency of commercial buildings by using proven materials and technology that are designed to meet modern architectural and aesthetic goals and end user needs, at a cost-neutral or better price point.
Cascadia’s Universal Series line was recognized for its innovation with a prestigious Crystal Achievement Award by Window & Door and is becoming the fenestration industry standard for thermal performance.
For more information and images visit the Cascadia Windows & Doors Pressroom.